The first trailer for #CaptainMarvel (which is coming out in 2019) has been released:
#Disney has fired James Gunn from directing “#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy, Vol. 3” after a number of tweets he make nearly a decade ago in which he joked about pedophilia & molestation came to light.
Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, released the following statement:
“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him.”
James Gunn then released the following statements:
“Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo. As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor.”
“It’s not to say I’m better, but I am very, very different than I was a few years ago; today I try to root my work in love and connection and less in anger. My days saying something just because it’s shocking and trying to get a reaction are over.”
He went on say the following:
“For the record, when I made these shocking jokes, I wasn’t living them out. I know this is a weird statement to make, and seems obvious, but, still, here I am, saying it.”
How James Gunn was Fired
Two of the individuals most responsible for creating the firestorm regarding James Gunn’s old tweets were alt-right (white supremacist) figures Mike Cernovich and Jack Posobiec, both of whom had long been railing against Hollywood. Mike Cernovich (and helped by Jack Posobiec & other far-right individuals) is known for playing a key role in manipulating public opinion during the 2016 election with “Pizzagate“: a far-right, white supremacist conspiracy theory about a supposed satanic pedophilia ring run by prominent Democrats out of a D.C. pizzeria.
Online Petition to Rehire James Gunn
- James Gunn fired as ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’ director after ‘indefensible’ tweets resurface
- MARVEL’S RECKONING JUST HAPPENED—AT THE WORST TIME POSSIBLE
- How Pizzagate Pusher Mike Cernovich Keeps Getting People Fired
- 50,000 sign petition for Disney to rehire James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Petition to Rehire James Gunn
#RIP Steve Ditko, the comic-book writer & illustrator who co-created #SpiderMan with Stan Lee in 1961, has died at age 90. Spider-Man’s look — the costume, the web-shooters, the red and blue design — all came from Ditko. Spider-Man first appeared in Amazing Fantasy No. 15. and was an unexpected hit, which lead to the spin-off The Amazing Spider-Man. Ditko also helped create such Spider-Man characters as Doctor Octopus, Sandman, the Lizard and Green Goblin.
In 1963, Ditko created Doctor Strange, who debuted in Strange Tales No. 110. Ditko continued on that series until issue No. 146 in 1966.
After a dispute with Stan Lee in 1967, Ditko left Marvel Comics and worked for DC Comics and several others before returning to Marvel in 1979. where he worked on Machine Man and the Micronauts. Among his last creations was Squirrel Girl in 1992.
During his period away from Marvel, Ditko created Mr. A in 1967. He also created The Question, Hawk and Dove and the Creeper for DC Comics.
May he rest in peace.
#RIP #ScienceFiction author Harlan Ellison, who wrote the Emmy Award-winning #StarTrek episode “The City on the Edge of Forever”. He was also a creative consultant on #Babylon5 and wrote 2 of its episodes, as well as #TheTwilightZone TV series and #TheSixthSense TV series. (He also wrote several Twilight Zone episodes.) He also created the short-lived TV series #TheStarlost under the name “Cordwainer Bird” and wrote one of its episodes. He also wrote several comic book issues of #Daredevil along with an issue of Detective Comics, and contributed ideas to several #Avengers stories written by Roy Thomas. He also curated Harlan Ellison’s Dream Corridor, a comic book anthology series which adapted his short stories.
May he rest in peace.
Here’s the first trailer for #Marvel’s movie #Venon!
A new trailer has been released for “#Avengers #InfinityWar”:
Since retiring from appearing at #ComicCons & the death of his wife of 70 years 7 months ago, reports are surfacing that people surrounding #Marvel’s Stan Lee are trying to grab as much money from him as possible. One insider described it as, “It’s a real f*cking mess over there. I think his money will be gone in a few weeks… Stan and [his daughter] JC are literally being picked apart by vultures.”
The following questionable actions have occurred over the past 2 months:
- An unauthorized check for $300,000 was written without Lee’s knowledge from his business account to “Hands of Respect”, a so-called merchandizing company & ersatz charity formed by Lee & Jerry Olivarez.
- A West Hollywood condo was purchased for $850,000
- $1.4-million disappeared in a complicated wire-transfer. (Forensic accountants are investigating.)
- Police were called to Lee’s home on Feb. 16 to remove Lee’s longtime bodyguard Mac “Max” Anderson (often seem accompanying Lee at lucrative live appearances) after allegedly threatening Lee & his daughter JC.
Other issues have also been occurring:
- Several former nurses have accused Lee of sexual impropriety, which Lee denies.
- Other 5-figure checks were written to Olivarez.
- Money missing from other larger financial transactions.
- Olivarez temporarily obtaining power of attorney over Lee after his wife died, but later rectified by Lee’s daughter JC.
- The firing of Lee’s longtime Merrill Lynch accountants and his lawyers of 20-30 years.
We hope things will improve for Stan Lee & his daughter JC.
- ‘Picked Apart by Vultures’: The Last Days of Stan Lee
- STAN LEE MISSING $300K COPS INVESTIGATING FORGED CHECK
- Cops are called to the LA home of comic book legend Stan Lee, 95, to probe ‘battery’ allegation and are seen quizzing his bodyguard on the doorstep
- STAN LEE COPS DESCEND ON HOME $1.4M VANISHES!!!
A teaser trailer for #Venom has been released!
Care to meet #Marvel’s Cable? It’s the 1st “#Deadpool 2” trailer featuring (you guessed it) Ryan Reynolds!
Here’s the latest trailer for #Marvel’s “#AntMan and the Wasp”: